Friday, June 11, 2010

3rd year @ JSS



With the end of cool summer vacations I entered into the third year of my college life.
At the very first G.I.N.G.E.R got a shock.. it got dispersed. Samarpit and Prashant went away to live in a "70K" flat.. with three balconies ofcourse.. :p.. Sid went away, after being my roomie for two long years, to another flat.. not that luxurious though :D. The left ones in the hostel were me, Aviral and the three Bhasadis (Ashu, Chacha, Shubham). Khair life went on with a steady start.

I became a hell lot technical. I donno from where I got that vibe but I did start coding..!! It all started with Google Code Jam 2009 and went on to Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ) and finally to Topcoder. Wow..!! I never thought of becoming something like that.. phew.!! Never mind..

Commencement of such technical stuff never meant an end to our parties. A night out at Sam's flat was a rememberable one. I tell you, dancing and singing at the 13th floor really rocks..!! After the fifth sem examination the whole Ginger group reunited for a grand meet at Auto Expo '10. Not only cars but ladies took away our hearts too.. ;)

Didn't have all my friends on my b'day this time but surely not missed the "GPL".. Nibble came up with one more feather in its cap, as Zealicon 2010 was a great success. It became the first "techno-cult" fest in history of JSS. Bought a "Zealicon tagged" T-shirt for its remembrance.
By my surprise, it was not my "bhasadi" group that took me for a trip but it was a bunch of technos.. named "Nibblites"..!! Went to Lancedown (a hill station in Uttaranchal). Puked two times during the journey yet it was rememberable. Hanuman temple.. scenic beauty.. Bhalla Lake.. tracking expedition.. abondoned church.. three gals ;).. tip-in-point.. Tadkeshwar Mandir.. overall a nice trip.

Prateek and I went to AKG's fest Trishna.. Coding event sucked..!! Anyways, the old history repeated itself.. we didn't win, but this time, we were a bit satisfied with our performance. Afterall coding for so many months paid..!!

Sixth sem exams came and gone as a wind.. yaa a hot-hot wind.. :(.. Last Ginger meet of the sem happened on 31st May as my b'day treat.. ya, I gave the treat after three long months.. :P.. It happens when all your friends become hell a lot career conscious and start studying.. :P
Khair 3rd yr is over.. Now, waiting for summers 2010.. some hectic days are about to come..

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment